Originally posted by Sarah Chatwin on June 5, 2013 at www.sarahchatwin.com/blog.
This is an invitation to you to join me on an adventure. It’s an adventure of change. The path of transformation. The first step is very simple and easy to do. It’s this.
Make one small change in how you do a familiar, everyday activity. For example:
- Hold your toothbrush in your other hand when you brush your teeth.
- Take a different route to work.
- Open your front door holding the key in the other hand.
- If you usually leave the dishes to dry in the air, dry them and put them away.
- Wear your watch on the opposite wrist.
- Hold your phone up to the other ear.
- Use your other hand to open doors.
- Climb stairs leading with the other leg.
You get the idea. Switch. Swap. Experiment and play with small changes. You could take one a day, each day for a week. Notice what happens, and how you feel about it. Do you get impatient, irritated or anxious? What does that tell you? Do those feelings ever crop up for you in other situations? Can you stick with the change, or do you keep forgetting? What values and judgments do you attach to that?